Advocate of the Year Award
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
The AANA Foundation established this scholarship in 2006. The purpose of this award is to recognize an AANA Foundation Advocate for outstanding commitment to the nurse anesthesia profession through both individually supporting the AANA Foundation and motivate others to do the same. This award is through a self-nomination or nomination by other persons for contributions to the nurse anesthesia profession.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Other Benefits:Airfare and two nights of lodging for the Annual Congress;Registration for the Annual Congress;Publicity in various AANA and AANA Foundation publications throughout the following year.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection will be based on the degree of nominee's substantial contributions to support the AANA Foundation in terms of time, talent, and direct financial contribution and nominee's initiative that has generated interest in and support of the AANA Foundation at the national and/or state level.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Answer the following questions. Please limit your responses to 500 words or less PER QUESTION, for a maximum of 1,500 words TOTAL.1)Why does the nominee support the Foundation?2)Describe ways that the nominee has donated time, talent, and direct financial support to the AANA Foundation.3)Describe a fundraising or educational program since September 1, 2011, that the nominee has put into motion at the state/national level that has generated interest in/support for the Foundation, or advanced the Foundations mission to promote and fund research and education endeavors.
- Other Materials:Nomination Form;Current curriculum vitae for the nominee (Not applicable if nominee is not an AANA member).
- Phone: (847) 655-1170
- Email: [email protected]