APA Congressional Fellowship Program
American Psychological Association
This fellowship is an APA-wide program administered by APAs Public Interest Directorate. This fellowship is an intensive public policy training opportunity available exclusively to psychologists. Fellows spend a year working on the staff of a member of Congress or congressional committee and take on a level of responsibility typically reserved for experienced congressional staff. Fellows responsibilities may include drafting legislation, conducting oversight work, assisting with congressional hearings and events, and preparing briefs and speeches.
75,000 - 90,000
- 2 awards
- January 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Have a doctorate in psychology (from an APA accredited doctoral program and internship, if in the area of professional psychology) or related field by the application deadline.
- Citizenship:Applicants must be U.S Citizens.
- Major/Career:Applicants must be a psychologist.
- Organization:Applicants must be a member of APA (or applicant for membership)
- Other Benefits:The fellowship provides reimbursement for health insurance coverage and a $3,750 stipend for professional development and relocation expenses during the fellowship year.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:A statement of approximately 1,000 words addressing the applicant's interests in the fellowship, career goals, and what the applicant can contribute to and learn from the fellowship experience (submitted electronically, with the online application form).
- Recommendation Letters:Three letters of reference that specifically address the applicant's ability to serve successfully on Capitol Hill as a congressional fellow. Signed, hard-copy letters in sealed envelopes may be sent to the reference writers or by the applicant to the below address, and/or email versions of reference letters may be emailed by the reference writers directly from their email accounts. Mailed letters must be postmarked, and emailed letters received, by the application deadline.
- Other Materials:A completed online application.A detailed curriculum vita
- Name: Micah Haskell-Hoehl
- Phone: (202) 336-5935
- Email: [email protected]