APA Librarian Conference Travel Awards
American Psychological Association
The APA Librarian Conference Travel Awards are established to benefit early and mid-career librarians seeking to attend library conferences for professional growth. Applicants must be employed librarians at an academic or health sciences library with less than 15 years of experience. Applicants must be residing in the United States and only one award will be given at any institution per calendar year.
- 3 awards
- November 2022
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The APA Librarian Conference Travel Awards are intended to support early- and mid-career librarians
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Applicants must be located in the United States.
- Major/Career:Applicants must be currently employed as a librarian at an academic or health sciences library
- Employer:Applicants must be currently employed as a librarian at an academic or health sciences library, and have less than 15 years of experience in a library after receiving their MLS.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection will be based on financial need, the potential for professional growth, and demonstrated commitment to the profession.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:An essay of no more than 1,000 words describing what you expect to learn at the conference, and how this knowledge will impact the work you do with, or on behalf of, students, faculty, and other constituents.
- Other Materials:- A completed application form
- Phone: (800) 374-2721