This scholarship was made possible by the generous support of Orange County philanthropists and community leaders. The purpose of this scholarship to benefit graduating seniors in Orange County who has been accepted to and will attend an accredited four-year college or university. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to higher education despite personal and/or financial obstacles. Students must be enrolled in the AVID program for a minimum of three years.
2,500 - 5,000
- 1 award
- December 2022
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:AVID Scholarship Program at OCCF provides scholarships to qualified AVID graduating seniors in Orange County.
- Minimum GPA:2.80
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Other Academic Requirements:A student enrolled in the AVID program for a minimum of three years.
- School:AVID Scholarship Program at OCCF provides scholarships to qualified AVID graduating seniors in Orange County.
- College:A student who has been accepted to and will attend an accredited four-year college or university
- Extracurricular:A student who demonstrates a commitment to the community
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Please briefly describe your AVID experience (25-30 words maximum).
- Recommendation Letters:Letters of Recommendation:The AVID scholarship requires two letters of recommendation. References should include an AVID teacher/coordinator and an academic subject area teacher, school counselor, coach, employer, or community leader. DO NOT submit letters written by friends or family members. When you enter your references below, they automatically will be contacted via e-mail to respond to questions about you. It is strongly suggested that you contact your potential references to confirm their wish to participate, as well as notify the recipient they will be receiving an e-mail from OC-CF and to check their spam system. Letters of reference must be submitted online by January 13, 2017. Do not submit paper copies of your letters of recommendation.
- Other Materials:A completed online application;ACT and SAT Scores.
- Name: Michelle Abril
- Phone: (949) 553-4202
- Email: [email protected]