Bay Area Community Foundation
The Bay Commitment Scholarship aims to encourage first-generation students in Bay County to earn a post-secondary education. It was established in 2008, by the Bay Area Community Foundation. The program targets to create a sustainable scholarship program.
- 1 award
- March 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants must be a high school graduate.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Applicant must be a full-time student with a minimum 12 credit hours.
- Residence:Applicants must have been a resident of Bay County for 6 years.
- School:Applicant must have attended one of the following Bay County schools for all 4 years of high school: All Saints Central High School, Bay Arenac Community High School, Bay City Central High School, Bay City Western High School, Garber High School, John Glenn High School, Pinconning Area High School, Wenona Center.
- College:Applicant must attend either Delta College or Saginaw Valley State University for a minimum of 9 credit hours) the proceeding fall.
- Miscellaneous:Applicant must be a first-generation student (neither parent nor legal guardian that the student lives with has obtained a Bachelors Degree).
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Write an essay describing your most meaningful achievement(s), how they relate to your future goals, and why you are deserving of a scholarship. The essay must be between 2,500-3,000 characters (spaces do count).
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation at least one letter must be school-related and one letter may be personal or professional.
- Other Materials:Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive free PELL grant information and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. The Michigan deadline for the 2016-2017 school year is March 1, 2016. To properly complete the FAFSA, you will need to file your 2015 income taxes as soon as you are able to. If you are a dependent, your parents must do the same. Be sure to file the 2016-2017 FAFSA. There are three forms of confirmation pages that can be accepted, but we only need one: the page that is displayed immediately after submission, the email that is sent to you after submission, or the first page of your Student Aid Report (SAR). Be sure to include your name on this page if it is not already on there.
- Name: Stacey Abbs
- Phone: (989) 893-4438
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Bay County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Arenac County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Kent County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Ottawa County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Muskegon County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Allegan County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Montcalm, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Barry, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Ionia County, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Kalamazoo County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Michigan Residents