Bill Kane Undergraduate Scholarship
Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America)
The Bill Kane Undergraduate Scholarship provides a $1,000 fund to a health education major student in any accredited college in the U.S. The scholarship is provided yearly to a full-time undergraduate student. The applicant must have a sophomore, junior or senior status to qualify.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The student must have sophomore, junior, or senior status at the time of application.
- Minimum GPA:3.25
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:The student must currently be enrolled at a university/college full time (12 hrs) for both the fall and spring semesters of the academic year during which the recipient is applying.
- Character Traits:The student must show evidence of leadership potential and must be academically talented.
- College:The applicant must be pursuing undergraduate at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory.
- Major/Career:The applicant must be an undergraduate health education major.
- Extracurricular:The student must be active in health education profession-related activities, organizations, at the university/college, and/or the community.
- Judging Criteria:Show evidence of leadership potential Be academically talentedBe active in health education profession-related activities or organizations at the college or university and/or community level
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:List your career goals:Please list all of the extracurricular service activities (professional organizations, school, community, etc) in which you have beeninvolved during the past two years:List any academic honors, awards, etc you have received:Submit a double-spaced, TYPED essay about yourself, health education, career interests, the goals you have set for your life - what you hope to accomplish as a health educator in training and in the future - include the attributes and aspirations brought to the field of health education. (Your essay must be approximately 400-450 words in length.): How did you learn about this scholarship?Who encouraged you to apply for Scholarship?What will you use the money for should you be awarded the Scholarship (There are no restrictions on how you use the Scholarship)?
- Recommendation Letters:Three letters of recommendation from your professors should accompany each application form. Each letter should be put in a separate envelope and each envelope should be sealed and signed across at the back by the recommender. Each professor should address, to the fullest extent possible, academic status, leadership potential, involvement in health education profession-related activities and organizations, and their perception of the student's future contributions to the profession as a professional health education specialist.
- Phone: (703) 476-3400
- Email: http://www.shapeamerica.org/about/contactus.cfm