Chinese Professional Club Scholarship Fund
Chinese Professional Club of Houston
The Chinese Professional Club aims to provide merit scholarships and financial assistance to students of Chinese descent in the Houston metropolitan area who plan to enroll in accredited universities in the United States
- 1 award
- November 2018
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Currently enrolled in an accredited high school or secondary school
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Scores SAT scores (writing, math, and verbal), PSAT, and/ or ACT
- Residence:A resident of (or whose parent or guardian resides in) the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area
- College:Begin full time undergraduate studies in an accredited college, university, or an institution of higher learning in the United StatesFor Education Award only: already enrolled in a Texas university
- Major/Career:For Education Award only: already enrolled in a Texas university majoring in education, OR a high school senior planning to enroll in a school of education.
- Ethnicity:Chinese descent (minimum 1/4)
- Miscellaneous:One award is designated for applicants who are interested in a career in teaching elementary or secondary schools.
- Judging Criteria:Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:Academic Awards (Scholarship 55%, Leadership 30%, Essay 15%, Financial Need N/A)Financial Aid Awards (Scholarship 35%, Leadership 15%, Essay 10%, Financial Need 40%)Education Award (Scholarship 20%, Leadership 30%, Essay 50%, Financial Need N/A)Evaluation criteria for the final round will be 70% based on the scores from the written application, and 30% based on the personal interview.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:One typed, double-spaced essay with a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 800 words. Choose one of the following topics:Yourself and Your AspirationsPick a topic which will tell use more about you in greater details. Examples may include: special talents in things such as music, painting, math, science fairs, debate, volunteerism, inventions, writing, exploration, and so forth.For Education Award applicants only: Write an essay on why you are interested in teaching primary and secondary schools as your career.
- Recommendation Letters:Two recommendation letters from a teacher or counselor. (Please send letters to CPC Scholarship Chairs via email or mail).
- Other Materials:General Information Name, Chinese name (optional), birth place, address, telephone number, email address, name of your parent/grandparent who qualifies you as a Chinese descent, and CPC member (if applicable)High School Information name of school(s) and date(s), GPA, grading scale, rank in class (if applicable), and number in classList of your academic honors, awards, and scholarships include datesList of your extracurricular activities and personal initiatives. Describe your degree of involvement (number of hours per week) and positions of leadership in each activityFor Financial award applicants only: Submit a completed Confidential Parents Financial statement (google form, link is at the bottom of this page) and the parents most recent years income tax return (a copy of the first page with adjusted gross income on it). To qualify for financial aid considerations, the applicants family income must not exceed 300% of the current poverty guidelines as published by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). (http://goo.gl/forms/QPE7Na5TZx7PwTeR2)
- Name: Kristen Lau
- Email: [email protected]