Daniel Patrick Riley Memorial Scholarship
Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
This scholarship was established by the Riley family in memory of Daniel Patrick Riley. Daniel Riley was a fighter pilot during World War II. When the war ended he worked as an airline pilot for Northwest Airlines, and then joined Hawaiian Airlines and flew for that company for 36 years and retired in 1983. Daniel Riley love flying, a wonderful man, who was gracious and kind and loved to learn. He loved history, current events, politics, and had a special appreciation for the arts. This scholarship was intended to benefit Cook County High School seniors or graduates who are pursuing study in the field of Liberal Arts at any accredited four-year college or university.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Are seniors or graduates at Cook County High School
- Financial Need:Required
- Class Rank:Have academic standing in the top 25% of their graduating class
- School:Are seniors at Cook County High School
- College:Any accredited four-year college or university.
- Major/Career:Pursue an education in Liberal Arts.
- Extracurricular:Are active participants or leaders in school and community activities
- Judging Criteria:Award selection will be base on the ability to succeed in higher education, essay content, applicant's hard-working behavior, good character and potential to contribute to society and financial need.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:An essay and how it reflects on the applicants desire to successfully pursue a liberal arts education .
- Recommendation Letters:One recommendation.
- Other Materials:A completed online application;Financial need documentation.
- Name: David Hammer
- Phone: (218) 726-0232
- Email: [email protected]