Diaconia Graduate Fellowship
General Board of Higher Education & Ministry
This fellowship was established to support deacons in full or provisional membership and diaconal ministers planning to teach or serve as an administrator in a school of theology, college, or university or in another institution or agency of the church. Applicants must be graduate students at an accredited academic institution. Demonstration of academic ability and financial need is a must.
1,000 - 10,000
- 1 award
- March 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Made annually to graduate students
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Applicant must be a full-time doctoral student in an accredited academic institution and have been accepted for work in a doctoral program (preferably Ph.D.) prior to the year for which the award is granted in an institution.
- College:Applicant must be a full-time doctoral student in an accredited academic institution
- Religion:Applicant must be an ACTIVE, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least ONE year. Membership is determined by the date the applicant was confirmed and took membership vows with a United Methodist church.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection is based on intellectual competence, academic achievements, promise of usefulness, personal qualities, and clarity of spiritual purpose and commitment.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Other Materials:A completed online application
- Phone: (615) 340-7344
- Email: [email protected]