Doris W. Frey Memorial Scholarship Fund
Southwest Florida Community Foundation
Doris W. Frey Memorial Scholarship is a $2,800 fund given to students who are studying Christian ministry or youth ministry, teaching, Christian counseling, nursing, or medicine. The scholarship is offered to graduates from a public or private high school in Charlotte, Collier, Hendry, Glades or Lee counties who demonstrate a commitment to action in ministering to others.
- 3 awards
- March 2021
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The scholarship is open to high school senior, undergraduate or graduate students.
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Applicants must have recognized ability & academic performance with standard measures of grades & appropriate test scores.
- School:The scholarship is offered to graduates of a public or private high school in Charlotte, Collier, Hendry, Glades or Lee counties.
- Major/Career:The awardee must pursue a degree in Christian ministry/youth ministry, teaching,Christian counseling, nursing, or medicine.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Write about your goals and plans for the future as well as achievements, setbacks, and skills. The essay explains to the reviewer who you are. The essay is a very important part of your application, and you should use the full space available, equivalent to two typed pages. Be sure to read the scholarship description and address items in the scholarship description.Include the following in your essay: Goals and plans for your future. College/University you plan to attend. Goals and plans for your future. Planned field of study and why you chose this field. Work experience. Volunteer experience. Extracurricular activities. Describe your character and skills that demonstrate your abilities. Academic performance if this is a merit-based scholarship.
- Recommendation Letters:Obtain Letters of Recommendation on official letterhead with signatures.
- Other Materials:The applicants must submit their SAR report from the completion of your FAFSA and ACT and/or SAT Score report.
- Name: Melanie Holaway
- Phone: (239) 274-5900
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Health Majors
- Scholarships for Health Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Biology Majors
- Scholarships for Life Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Special Education Majors
- Scholarships for Secondary Education Majors
- Scholarships for Childhood Education Majors
- Scholarships for Teaching Majors
- Scholarships for Elementary Education Majors