Dr. Brian and Charlotte Kirkwood Scholarship
Hancock County Community Foundation
Dr. Brian and Charlotte Kirkwood Scholarship was established by the Kirkwoods to provide support to students and graduates of Mt. Vernon High School in pursuing a bachelors degree. The scholarship gives a $1,014 to one individual who shows evidence of strong leadership and caring for others.
- 1 award
- March 2021
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicant must be graduating or high school graduate.
- Minimum GPA:3.20
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:The scholarship is open to residents of Hancock County, Indiana.
- School:The scholarship is open to students of Mt. Vernon High School.
- College:The awardee must intend to pursue a bachelors degree at an accredited public college or university.
- Extracurricular:The student must have participated in activities that show examples in community service.
- Athletics:Applicant must have participated in at least two seasons of a sport including, but not limited to, the following: wrestling, football, track, softball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, cheerleading.
- Organization:Applicant must have participated in at least one school club for at least two years of their high school career.
- Judging Criteria:Selection is based on high character, good work ethic, community participation, leadership qualities, a demonstrated spirit of caring towards others, and financial need.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Applicant must write a paragraph outlining your reasons for wanting to pursue a higher education.
- Recommendation Letters:The Common Scholarship Application requires two letters of recommendation, obtained through the recommendations section on the online application, regardless of how many scholarships to which you plan to apply. Recommendations may not be written by family members, school administrators, or guidance counselors.
- Other Materials:Applicant must submit a Completed College Costs Estimator form. All applicants must submit one high-quality, color headshot (shoulders and up). A professional senior photo is preferred. HCCF reserves the right to request additional photos if the submitted photo is not acceptable.
- Name: Kari Sisk
- Phone: (317) 462-8870
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Jackson County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Jennings County, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Decatur County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Johnson County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Blackford County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Marion County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Hancock County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Adams County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Hendricks, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Hamilton County, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Indiana Residents