Dr. James Dixon Memorial Scholarship
Johnson County Community Foundation
Dr. James Dixon Memorial Scholarship is offered to Johnson County resident student who deserves as he or she can how a turnaround in effort and performance by the junior year. The fund is given to awardee who is pursuing a full-time four years of undergraduate study.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Applicants must be pursuing studies on a full-time basis.
- Residence:The scholarship is open to a Johnson County resident.
- College:The student applicant must be pursuing four years of undergraduate study on a full-time basis leading to a baccalaureate degree at an accredited public or private college or university.
- Miscellaneous:Students who can demonstrate a turnaround in performance and effort during or by their junior year and academic preparation and potential for success in college and the chosen area of study.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Provide an essay (double spaced and typed) answering one of the following three questions: 1) Dr. Dixon believed that honesty and character were extremely important traits in a person. Please tell us about your personality traits and why you feel they are important, 2) One of the special considerations for recipient selection is someone who has had a turnaround in performance and effort in his or her junior year. Please describe in detail your journey through high school and how your performance and effort has improved as a senior, 3) Dr. Dixon believed one should serve as a role model to others and to fulfill leadership roles, either directly or indirectly. Please tell us how you have been a role model to someone or viewed as a leader.Provide a brief statement of special considerations if applicable may be asked.
- Recommendation Letters:Provide two recommendations one from a teacher, and one from a non-family member, such as a community leader, coach, minister, employer, service group leader, etc.
- Phone: (317) 738-2213
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Jackson County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Jennings County, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Decatur County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Johnson County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Blackford County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Marion County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Hancock County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Adams County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Hendricks, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Hamilton County, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Indiana Residents