Governor's Urban Scholarship Program
New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority
This merit-based scholarship program was launched by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie in 2012. This program was intended to support students in New Jerseyseconomically-challenged communities. Eligible students are those who must enroll full-time in an approved degree or certificate program at an eligible New Jersey college or university.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Attend an approved New Jersey college, university or degree-granting proprietary school
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Class Rank:Rank within the top five (5.0) percent of their class at the end of their junior year.
- Residence:Be a permanent New Jersey resident for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to enrollment. Reside in one of the designated communities:1. Asbury Park2. Camden City3. East Orange City4. Irvington Township5. Jersey City6. Lakewood7. Millville City8. Newark City9. New Brunswick10. Paterson City11. Plainfield12. Roselle Borough13. Trenton City14. Vineland City
- Citizenship:Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- College:Attend an approved eligible New Jersey college, university or degree-granting proprietary school.
- Miscellaneous:Be registered with the Selective Service System (if required).
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Phone: (609) 584-4480
- Email: [email protected]