Hansen Career and Technical Education
Dane G. Hansen Foundation
The Dane G. Hansen scholarships acknowledges the ability of young people disregarding their financial status and seek competence through career and technical education.. Eligible students are those who graduated from high schools in these 26 counties of Northwest Kansas: Cheyenne, Cloud, Decatur, Ellis, Ellsworth, Gove, Graham, Jewell, Lincoln, Logan, Mitchell, Norton, Osborne, Ottawa, Phillips, Rawlins, Republic, Rooks, Russell, Saline, Sheridan, Sherman, Smith, Thomas, Trego and Wallace.
- 100 awards
- October 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Full-time high school seniors who will graduate in the current academic year from an accredited high school
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Other Academic Requirements:A 3.50 GPA is not necessary to apply for the Career and Technical Education Scholarship;There is no qualifying test for the Career and Technical Education Scholarship;All recipients must be enrolled as full-time students
- School:Students graduating from high schools in the following 26 counties in Northwest Kansas: Cheyenne, Cloud, Decatur, Ellis, Ellsworth, Gove, Graham, Jewell, Lincoln, Logan, Mitchell, Norton, Osborne, Ottawa, Phillips, Rawlins, Republic, Rooks, Russell, Saline, Sheridan, Sherman, Smith, Thomas, Trego and Wallace.
- Major/Career:Recipients may enroll in any career and technical education program, as long as it does not lead to a four-year degree
- Miscellaneous:Letters of acceptance of scholarships must be received by the Foundation by June 12, 2017. If not received by that date, the scholarship will be withdrawn;Deferrals are rarely given and only under unusual circumstances. In such a case, the Hansen Foundation must be notified and a written request for postponement must be submitted for consideration by the Scholarship Committee;Failure to enroll in a qualified college or university by no later than the fall term of the next year will result in cancellation of any grant made under the Hansen Scholarship Program;
- Other Benefits:Renewable For 1 Additional Year;
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:A one-page essay indicating why you want to pursue a Career and Technical Education program and how such a program of study will enable you to become a useful and successful citizen.
- Recommendation Letters:Three letters of reference should be sent to the Hansen Foundation office.
- Other Materials:One letter of reference must be submitted by either your high school counselor or principal;Submit to the Hansen Foundation a completed Application Form;
- Phone: (785) 689-4832