HEEF: El Viento Scholarship
Administered by the Orange County Community Foundation (OCCF), the scholarship is awarded to high school seniors who participated in the El Viento program from 4th through 12th grade. Applicants must be Latino/a students who have lived in Orange County (OC), CA for the past six years and who plans to enroll full-time at a four-year college or university.
1,000 - 3,000
- 1 award
- January 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Must be high school seniors
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Has lived in Orange County (OC), CA for the past six years
- Citizenship:Must be US citizens
- School:Must be a high school senior or high school graduate from Orange County public or private high school
- College:Must enroll full-time at a four-year college or university
- Ethnicity:Must be Latino/a
- Miscellaneous:Must be a first generation college student; Family income limit of $45,000
- Judging Criteria:The scholarship is based on a combination of low-income family background, academic achievement and involvement in extracurricular activities, community volunteer work, church service or work-employment.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Writing prompt 1 (Length: Between 350-500 words): Write about your academic interests and educational plans. Explain how your educational plan is aligned to your long term goals; Writing prompt 2: Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement? (Maximum 350 words); Must also answer the following supplemental questions: Did you participate in the El Viento program from 4th through 12th grade?; Give at least one specific example of how El Viento has helped you in your academic career.
- Other Materials:Dream Act/ AB 540 applicants must complete the Applicant Financial Information section of the online application
- Name: Michelle Abril
- Phone: (949) 553-4202
- Email: [email protected]