Hugh G. Hanson Memorial Scholarship
Bay Area Community Foundation
The Hugh G. Hanson Memorial Scholarship is awarded to graduating high school senior with minimum 3.0 GPA. Applicants must be Bay County resident.
- 1 award
- May 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:High school senior or recent graduate
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Minimum of 9 credit hours the proceeding fall
- Residence:Bay County resident
- School:Have attended one of the following Bay County schools for all 4 years of high school: All Saints Central High School, Bay Arenac Community High School, Bay City Central High School, Bay City Western High School, Garber High School, John Glenn High School, Pinconning Area High School, Wenona Center
- College:Attend either Delta College or Saginaw Valley State University for a minimum of 9 credit hours the proceeding fall.
- Miscellaneous:Be a first-generation student (neither parent nor legal guardian that the student lives with has obtained a Bachelors Degree)Have been a resident of Bay County for 6 years
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Write an essay describing your most meaningful achievement(s), how they relate to your future goals, and why you are deserving of a scholarship. Essay must be between 2,500-3,000 characters (spaces do count).
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation at least one letter must be school-related and one letter may be personal or professional.
- Other Materials:A portrait of the applicant.
- Name: Stacey Abbs
- Phone: (989) 893-4438
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Bay County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Arenac County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Kent County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Ottawa County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Muskegon County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Allegan County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Montcalm, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Barry, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Ionia County, MI Residents
- Scholarships for Kalamazoo County (MI) Residents
- Scholarships for Michigan Residents