Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award Scholarship
Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award Scholarship is a $10,000 fund given by From the Top and the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation. The applicants must demonstrate exceptional musical achievement, unmet financial need, academic achievement and strength of character. The funds may be used for instrument purchases, summer camp tuition, college audition travel expenses, private lessons, or other music-related needs.
- 1 award
- October 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be from 8 to 18 years old.
- Financial Need:Required
- Extracurricular:Applicants must have a strong musical ability and a willingness to perform on our NPR show.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Recommendation Letters:We require two recommendations one from an academic teacher and one from a music teacher. You will be asked to provide contact information for them, and they will receive recommendation forms via the online application.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Applicants will be asked to upload at least two unedited, un-enhanced video or audio samples of their music.
- Other Materials:Applicants must provide evidence of a family income insufficient to meet the costs of his/her musical pursuits (new instruments, music lessons, summer festival tuition, and travel, etc.). 90% of our past recipients come from families with an annual household Adjusted Gross Income of under $60,000. Other factors may apply (cost of living, medical expenses, dependents).After completing your online application, you must mail us a copy of your most recent tax forms, academic transcript, and standardized test scores (if applicable). Directions will be provided at the end of the online application.
- Phone: (617) 437-0707
- Email: [email protected]