James V. Day Scholarship
American Legion - Maine
This scholarship was established to benefit children or grandchildren of current or deceased members of an American Legion Post in the State of Maine. Applicants must demonstrate good character shown through past behaviour that he/she believes in the American way of life.
- 2 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:To assist young men and women in continuing their education beyond high school.
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Residence:Be a resident of Maine
- Citizenship:A U.S. citizen.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Student Narration of 300 words or less.
- Recommendation Letters:Three letters of recommendation from persons, other than relatives and teachers, who have had the personal opportunity to observe the applicant and who can give a worthwhile opinion of the character, industry, purposefulness and general worthiness of the applicant. Letters must be recent and signed.
- Other Materials:A completed application form;Letter of Endorsement from high school;Proof of application, acceptance or current attendance at an accredited college or vocational school.
- Phone: (207) 873-3229
- Email: [email protected]