John Hanley Memorial Scholarship
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
This scholarship was started in 2012 in memory of John Hanley who was the inspiration for the 4K for Cancer program. The purpose of this scholarship is to financially support young adults who have battled cancer or are in active treatment. Applicants must demonstrate courage, spirit, and determination in the face of cancer. Applicants must also demonstrate leadership abilities and commitment to their community.
- 5 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Age 18-25 at the time of application
- Financial Need:Required
- Character Traits:Applicant who best demonstrates courage, spirit, and determination in the face of cancer. Have demonstrated leadership abilities and commitment to their community.
- Residence:Applicant must be a permanent resident (or a United States citizen)
- Citizenship:Applicant must be a United States citizen (or permanent resident.)
- Disability:Cancer Patient/Survivor
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Please describe your career goals or potential areas of interest and how your pursuit of higher education will help you grow as an individual and inform your decision-making on a future career.
- Recommendation Letters:Recommendation Letter. Your recommendation should come from someone who has known you for some time and is familiar with your cancer experience, educational goals, and career aspirations. We recommend asking teachers, guidance counselors, supervisors, or civic, religious, or community leaders for your letter of reference.
- Other Materials:A completed online application.
- Phone: (410) 964-0202
- Email: [email protected]