Mildred McConkey Memorial Scholarship
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
This scholarship was established by friends and family of Mildred McConkey as a tribute to her in 1983. Mildred was an English teacher at Kalamazoo Central High School from 1926 to 1958. The purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist graduating seniors from Kalamazoo Central or Loy Norrix High School. Applicants must have shown noteworthy improvement during their three to four years of high school course work in English composition. Students must be planning to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a graduating Kalamazoo Central or Loy Norrix High School senior
- Financial Need:Not Required
- School:The applicant must be a graduating Kalamazoo Central or Loy Norrix High School senior
- College:Planning to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Essay typed into the text box in the eGRANT application addressing why you merit consideration for this scholarship. Include how extracurricular activities volunteer experiences and leadership roles have helped to prepare you for your choice of study. If you have overcome challenges or improved in motivation and achievement during high school and/or college, please provide this information also. In addition, give specific examples of how you have improved in English composition during your four years of high school (do not include any identifying names of teachers high school or high school literary magazines).
- Other Materials:eGRANTscholarship application;Mildred McConkey Memorial Scholarship - English Coursework Form;ACT/SAT scores.
- Phone: (269) 381-4416
- Email: [email protected]