Minority Scholars Award
American Medical Association (AMA) Foundation
This scholarship was established through the collaboration of AMA foundation and AMA Minority Affairs Section (MAS) and support from Pfizer Inc. to provide tuition assistance to medical students. The scholarship honors exceptional academic achievements and commitment to removing health care differences.
- 13 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Nominees must be a current first or second-year student
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Permanent resident
- Citizenship:Citizen of the U.S.
- Ethnicity:Eligible students from traditionally underrepresented groups in the medical profession include African-American/Black, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, Alaska Native and Hispanic/Latino
- Miscellaneous:Previous recipients of this award are not eligible.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:A personal statement outlining his or her career goals in the field of medicine - may not exceed one typed page with 10- to 12-point font
- Recommendation Letters:Signed letter of recommendation from a faculty member at the medical school
- Other Materials:Financial statement that must be completed by the UCSF Financial Aid Office
- Name: Kalai Diamond
- Email: email@example.com