Non-Traditional Scholarship - Oregon
American Legion Auxiliary - Department of Oregon
A $2000 scholarship will be awarded to a non-traditional student who is a member of The American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, or Sons of The American Legion. It aims to provide assistance to non-traditional students resuming their interrupted formal education after some period of time or those who had just begun their education at a later time in life.
- 1 award
- March 2024
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Non-Traditional students
- Financial Need:Required
- Organization:Applicant must be a member of The American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, or Sons of The American Legion
- Miscellaneous:Applicant must be:a. non-traditional student returning to the classroom after some period of time in whichhis/her formal education was interruptedb. a non-traditional student who is just beginning his/her education at a later point in lifePlease note that you must have an American Legion Auxiliary Unit sponsor you and present your application to Department.
- Other Benefits:The award will be paid directly to the school for the first semester upon notification from theschool that the student has registered. American Legion Auxiliary National Headquartersmust receive certification of enrollment within 12 months of a winners notification orthe scholarship will be forfeited. The scholarship must be used within 24 months of the date the winner receives notification by National Headquarters, or the scholarship will be forfeited.Thus, if winning student does not wish to use monies for FIRST YEAR expenses, it must thenbe used for SECOND YEAR expenses or forfeited.
- Judging Criteria:Judging at each level will be based on the following criteria:Need 25%Scholastic standing/academic achievement 25%Character/leadership 25%Initiative/goals 25%
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Describe any circumstances that may affect your or your familys ability to provide for your collegeeducation. (Attach additional sheets if necessary)Who or what inspired you to seek a college degree?
- Other Materials:1. Completed application2. Copy of college transcript if applicable3. Work history4. A copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form, or a copy of theFAFSA Summary Report and Confirmation Page or FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).5. Answers to above questions
- Phone: (503) 682-3162
- Email: [email protected]