Nut Tree Reading Scholarship
Adams County Community Foundation
Nut Tree Reading Scholarship is a $500 fund given to two graduating seniors of Adams Central and South Adams High School. The scholarship is offered to residents of Adams County. The students who have shown reading has impacted their lives will be given priority.
- 2 awards
- February 2019
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants must be a graduating high school senior.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Residence:The scholarship is open to Adams County residents.
- School:The scholarship is offered to students attending Adams Central and South Adams high school.
- College:The awardee must plan to attend an accredited college in fall.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Essay Requirements: Applicant must submit 6 copies (total) of the essay to the Foundation. Submit essays separate from your application.Length / Font: maximum two pages, double spaced, margins: 1 / 12 (maximum), 10 (minimum)Author: Students name, high school, and anticipated college in the upper right corner Specifically, upper right side.Essay title: How Reading Has Impacted My Life (centered) ..... Specifically, centeredDue:by 4:00 pm the 2nd Thursday in February (late essays will not be considered)For example, (but not limited to): You may opt to use these suggestions only to springboard into the topic of your choice1. Have you learned a lifes lesson through your reading experiences? If yes, how?2. Was there a book you read that you felt compelled to share with a friend? If yes, what book and why.3. Has reading helped you to form the educational goals you have set for yourself? If yes, how?4. What books draw your attention? Why?Note to applicant: When evaluating The Nut Tree Reading essays, the selection committee will look for the applicants description of behavior or the lifestyle as it relates to the applicants reading.In this essay, please give a personal illustration(s) of how your life has been impacted by reading. For a completed essay, please address only one or two examples in your essay max. two pages.
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation (in compliance with the instructions as shown on the application).
- Other Materials:Submit 10 copies of the application packet following the instructions as listed on the application.
- Name: Deb Cook
- Phone: (260) 724-3939
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Jackson County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Jennings County, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Decatur County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Johnson County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Blackford County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Marion County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Hancock County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Adams County (IN) Residents
- Scholarships for Hendricks, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Hamilton County, IN Residents
- Scholarships for Indiana Residents