Princeton Post No. 76 American Legion, Dr. Henry J. Frank Scholarship
Princeton Area Community Foundation
This scholarship made possible by Princeton Post No. 76, American Legion was established in 2005. The scholarship benefits graduating high school seniors who reside in Princeton, West Windsor Township or Plainsboro. Applicants must be descendants of a person who served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- 2 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a graduating high school senior
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Resides in Princeton, West Windsor Township or Plainsboro.
- College:Undergraduate study at an accredited community college, diploma issuing technical school or four-year college or university in the United States.
- Military:The applicant must be the son (natural or adopted), step-son, grandson, great-grandson, daughter (natural or adopted), step-daughter, granddaughter, or great-granddaughter of a person who served in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection will be based on achievement, character, and financial need.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:An essay responding to one of the four questions (Essay should be one to two pages type-written and double-spaced): Do you think that people should always lead by example? Why? Do you think everyone has the ability to lead? Explain. What motivates you to spend your time in community service? What do you give up? What would a peer in a group you lead and/or perform service with say about you?
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation
- Other Materials:A completed application form;A brief statement of the military service of your relative (see above), including relationship, branch of service and dates of services, and/or a photocopy of your relatives discharge papers;Student Aid Report (SAR) generated by FAFSA;A copy of your college financial aid award letter;A copy of your college acceptance letter;
- Phone: (609) 219-1800