Robert B. and Dorothy Pence Scholarship Fund
Southwest Florida Community Foundation
Robert B. and Dorothy Pence Scholarship is given to students who has financial difficulties in continuing their college education. The fund provides a $1,900 grant to Lee County students.
- 1 award
- March 2018
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The scholarship is open to high school seniors.
- Financial Need:Required
- School:The scholarship is open to graduate from a public or private high school in Lee County.
- College:The applicant must attend college or technical school.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Write about your goals and plans for the future as well as achievements, setbacks, and skills. The essay explains to the reviewer who you are. The essay is a very important part of your application, and you should use the full space available, equivalent to two typed pages. Be sure to read the scholarship description and address items in the scholarship description.Include the following in your essay: Goals and plans for your future. College/University you plan to attend. Goals and plans for your future. Planned field of study and why you chose this field. Work experience. Volunteer experience. Extracurricular activities. Describe your character and skills that demonstrate your abilities. Financial situation if a need-based scholarship.
- Recommendation Letters:Obtain Letters of Recommendation on official letterhead with signatures.
- Other Materials:The applicants must submit their SAR report from the completion of your FAFSA and ACT and/or SAT Score report.
- Name: Melanie Holaway
- Phone: (239) 274-5900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org