Sheryl A. Horak Law Enforcement Explorer Memorial Scholarship
Explorers Learning for Life
Lt. Kim Adamson of the West Valley City, Utah, police department started this scholarship in memory of Sheryl Ann Horak, a law enforcement explorer who was shot and killed while participating in a post activity. This scholarship aims to benefit law enforcement Explorers who demonstrate potential as career law enforcement executives.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Any law enforcement Explorer who is at least in the 12th grade may apply
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Benefits:The award also includes a plaque and pin.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection will be based on academic record, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, and personal statement on "Why I want to pursue a career inlaw enforcement."
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:A 500-word (minimum) essay on "Why I want to pursue a career in law enforcement"
- Recommendation Letters:Three letters of recommendation (at least two from people outside of law enforcement)
- Other Materials:- A completed application form- Post-Advisor Certification- Head of the participating organization Certification- Learning for Life representative Certification- A black-and-white glossy photo (preferably in uniform) for publicity purposes in the event of selection