Wong: Helen and L.S. Wong Memorial Scholarship
Asian Pacific Fund
This scholarship was established to honor Helen and L.S. Wong, residents of the Fairfield-Suisun community. This was designed to provide educational support to incoming freshmen enrolled full-time at an accredited four year-college/university or a community college in 2016-17. Applicants must have a strong commitment to transferring to a four-year institution.
1,000 - 3,000
- 4 awards
- February 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Incoming freshman enrolled full-time at an accredited four year-college/university or a community college
- Minimum GPA:2.80
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Resident of Fairfield-Suisun communities
- Citizenship:US citizen or permanent resident
- School:Graduating senior from a high school in Fairfield-Suisun communities
- College:An accredited four year-college/university or a community college.
- Ethnicity:Ethnic heritage: Asian heritage (at least 50%)
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:ESSAY QUESTIONSPlease respond to each of the short essay questions below on a separate sheet of paper. Your essays should be in 12-point font and single-spaced. At the top of the page, include your name and the name of the scholarship program. After each essay, please include the word count.1.Tell us about yourself, including your academic and career goals, hopes and dreams for the future and the role/influence of your Asian heritage. Recommended length: 250-500 words2.Describe your proudest moment and the greatest challenge you have faced, either personally or academically. What did you learn from these experiences? Recommended length: 150-200 words3.Describe a project, experience or person related to your academic and/or career goals that inspired you. What impact did it have on you? Recommended length: 150-200 words4.Optional: Is there anything else you would like us to know, including any unusual family or personal circumstances that have affected your achievement in school, work experience or your participation in school activities?
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from a current teacher Letters should be on official school or organization letterhead. Please include the students first and last name.
- Other Materials:A completed student application form
- Email: [email protected]