Woodrow and Elma Turman Scholarship Fund
River Valley Community Foundation
This scholarship was established to benefit students from Floyd County High School planning to attend any trade or technical school, two or four-year college, or any university. Applicants must demonstrate ability and strong commitment to better oneself, academic achievement and financial need.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants from Floyd County High School.
- Financial Need:Required
- Character Traits:Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to better oneself by continuing ones education.
- School:Applicants from Floyd County High School only
- College:Applicants pursuing post?secondary education at any trade or technical school, college (2 or 4 year), or any university
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Please tell us about yourself. Be sure to include all of the following information:A brief biographical sketch (tell us your story)An experience that deeply influenced youYour educational goals and aspirations
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation are submitted directly by the people you ask to write them. In the space below, you will be asked to provide contact e-mail addresses for two writers. Examples of writers include teachers, principals, coaches, employers, etc...Writers cannot be family members. At least one letter must be from a teacher or professor!
- Other Materials:A completed online application;Student Aid Report.
- Phone: (540) 381-8999
- Email: [email protected]