American Chemical Society Scholars Program
ACS Scholars Program is a scholarship provided to African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian student. The scholarship provides an up to $5,000 depending on the awardees financial need and availability of funds. The applicant must demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science and financial need.
2,500 - 5,000
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must be a full-time student at a high school or accredited college, university, or community college. The applicant must also demonstrate high academic achievement in chemistry or science.
- Residence:The applicant must be a permanent U.S. resident (or U.S. citizen).
- Citizenship:The applicant must be a U.S. citizen (or permanent U.S. resident).
- College:The applicant must be attending an accredited college, university, or community college.
- Major/Career:The awardee must be intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related science OR intending to or already pursuing a degree in chemical technology.
- Ethnicity:The scholarship is open to students who are African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Recommendation Letters:The application must include two letters of recommendation.At least one recommendation should come from a chemistry instructor or someone who is familiar with your work in science; the second recommendation should be from someone who knows you as a student, employee or volunteer, and can provide insight into your character, motivation, and ability to successfully complete a rigorous scientific course of study. (Recommenders only may email letters to [email protected] Students may send by mail original letters, sealed by the recommender in an envelope.)
- Other Materials:The applicant must submit their SAT or ACT score report. The applicant may submit their SAT or ACT via email, fax, or mail. Applications must also include a copy of Student Aid Report (SAR)The SAR is provided to you after submission of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. We need the SAR for the academic year in which the applicant are applying for the scholarship, not the current years SAR. (They may send via email to [email protected])
- Phone: (202) 872-6250
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors