American Society of Landscape Architects Council of Fellows Scholarship
Landscape Architecture Foundation
In 2004, the ASLA Council of Fellows established this scholarship to financially assist students who demonstrated financial need, increase the interest and participation of economically disadvantaged and under-represented populations in the study of landscape architecture and enhance the profession of landscape architecture through a more diverse population. Applicants must be third, fourth, or fifth-year undergraduates in Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board (LAAB) accredited programs of landscape architecture.
- 3 awards
- February 2022
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Third, fourth, or fifth-year undergraduates
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Eligible applicants must be permanent resident aliens (or permanent US citizens)
- Citizenship:Eligible applicants must be permanent US citizens (or permanent resident aliens)
- College:Third, fourth, or fifth-year undergraduates of landscape architecture at a Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board (LAAB) accredited school.
- Major/Career:Third, fourth, or fifth-year undergraduates of landscape architecture
- Organization:Student ASLA members
- Other Benefits:Each recipient will also receive a one-year student ASLA membership, general registration fees for the ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO, and a travel stipend to attend the meeting.
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Essay (2 page max)Upload your original essay in PDF format. In 500 words or less, describe how you envision yourself contributing to the profession of landscape architecture. The essay should be no more than two pages with margins of at least 1, 10-point or larger font, and no images or graphics. Please include Applicant Name/Essay/Scholarship Name and page number on each page.
- Recommendation Letters:2 Letters of RecommendationOne letter must come from a faculty member; the other letter may be sent by another faculty member or a non-academic member of ASLA. Provide the e-mail address for each recommender and instructions will be sent to him/her. The letters should specifically address your merit as a student of landscape architecture.
- Other Materials:General Submission Form;PhotoProvide a 300 ppi (pixels per inch) color photo, size 4 x 6 inches in .jpg format. It should be a head shot with a plain background in which you are looking directly at the camera. LAF retains the right to use any photo submitted on our website and in materials promoting LAFs scholarship programs;Bio for the LAF Website (150 word max)Provide a short bio in PDF, Microsoft Word, or TXT format. In 150 words or less, describe your background, current educational pursuits, future plans, and any other personal interests or activities.;Financial Aid Form;
- Phone: (202) 331-7070
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Humanities Majors
- Scholarships for Art History Majors
- Scholarships for Architecture Majors
- Scholarships for Fine Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Performing Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Visual Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Photography Majors
- Scholarships for Graphic Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Film Majors
- Scholarships for Art & Design Majors
- Scholarships for Art Majors