Anne M. Fassett Scholarship Fund
Southwest Florida Community Foundation
Anne M. Fassett Scholarship Fund is a need-based scholarship given to a student who has a physical disability and has been using a wheelchair. The scholarship provides a $4,000 fund that to support a graduate from public or private high school to pursue a post-secondary education.
- 1 award
- March 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The scholarship is open to High School Senior, undergraduate or Graduate students.
- Financial Need:Required
- School:The applicants must graduate from public or private high school in Charlotte,Collier, Glades, Hendry or Lee counties.
- College:Applicants must be currently enrolled or planning to attend a Florida state college,community college, or technical school.
- Disability:The scholarship is given to a student who has a physical disability and who is using a wheelchair.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Write about your goals and plans for the future as well as achievements, setbacks, and skills. The essay explains to the reviewer who you are. The essay is a very important part of your application, and you should use the full space available, equivalent to two typed pages. Be sure to read the scholarship description and address items in the scholarship description.Include the following in your essay: Goals and plans for your future. College/University you plan to attend. Goals and plans for your future. Planned field of study and why you chose this field. Work experience. Volunteer experience. Extracurricular activities. Describe your character and skills that demonstrate your abilities. Financial situation if a need-based scholarship.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Obtain Letters of Recommendation on official letterhead with signatures.
- Other Materials:The applicants must submit their SAR report from the completion of your FAFSA and ACT and/or SAT Score report.
- Name: Melanie Holaway
- Phone: (239) 274-5900
- Email: [email protected]