ASHRAE High School Senior Scholarships
American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
High School Senior Scholarships is provided to four students who are undergraduate students of pre-engineering, engineering or engineering technology program. The scholarship provides a $3,000 fund to support students who want to pursue a bachelor degree in a course of study that traditionally has been a preparatory curriculum for the HVAC&R profession.
- 4 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The scholarship is open to high school senior and undergraduate students.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Class Rank:The applicant must have a class standing of no less than the top 30%.
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must enroll or enrolled full-time.
- College:The institution hosts a recognized ASHRAE Student Branch.
- Major/Career:The awardee must be pursuing a pre-engineering, engineering or engineering technology program. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or the Partnership for Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA) in the USA. The program is accredited by an equivalent agency outside the USA that is part of The Washington or Sydney Accord or has a signed Memorandum of Understanding with ABET.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:What is your particular interest in the field covered by ASHRAE? Do you have a special interest in HVAC&R equipment or systems (i.e. installing, designing, testing, servicing, repairing, troubleshooting, teaching, etc)? Please articulate a thorough response in 100-200 words.To what extent have you participated in HVAC&R activities to advance your above stated goals? Answer 100 words or less.
- Recommendation Letters:Three letters of recommendation: one from an instructor or faculty advisor, a current or past employer, and another character reference.
- Other Materials:Letter of acceptance into an accredited pre-engineering, engineering or engineering technology program from a post-secondary institution that meets the criteria listed above.
- Name: Lois Benedict
- Phone: (678) 539-1120
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors