Bernice McNamara Memorial Scholarship
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
This scholarship was established in memory of Bernice McNamara by her family.Bernice was a registered nurse who spent her lifetime helping others. She worked for many years with various doctors, health clinics and volunteered at school systems in Central Massachusetts. She worked caring for the elderly and the terminally ill even after she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She was a compassionate and caring person. To honor her compassionate spirit, this scholarship was established to benefit applicants whose family has been touched by cancer.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicant must be 25 or younger.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Residence:Applicant must be a permanent resident (or a United States citizen).
- Citizenship:Applicant must be a United States citizen (or permanent resident).
- College:Applicant must be currently attending or be accepted to a 4-year college or university.
- Major/Career:Applicant must be a Science major.
- Disability:Dependent of a parent/guardian with cancer
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Please choose between oneof the following essay prompts. Your essay shouldbe aminimum of 500words. Youmay also chooseto submit a3-minute video addressingone of the following prompts.1. Write a letter that you would have liked toreceive during your cancer experience. (e.g., fromanother survivor,a parent, etc.)2. Each summer,our 4K forCancer programhas 200 young adultswho dedicate their summercycling or running across the country to support and raise awarenessof the Ulman Cancer Fund mission. If you were tomeetthe group,whatwould youtell them about being a young adult impacted by cancerthat wouldinspire them on their summer-long journey?
- Recommendation Letters:Recommendation Letter. Your recommendation should come from someone who has known you for some time and is familiar with your cancer experience, educational goals, and career aspirations. We recommend asking teachers, guidance counselors, supervisors, or civic, religious, or community leaders for your letter of reference.
- Other Materials:A completed online application;Physician's verification form.
- Phone: (410) 964-0202
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors
- Scholarships for Mathematics Majors
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Statistics Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Computer Science Majors
- Scholarships for Physical Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Life Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors