CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
The CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship was established to recognize students pursuing a major and career in visual arts. Applicants must exhibit leadership and community service and U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents.
- 1 award
- April 2022
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate student (students pursuing a graduate degree in the fall are ineligible)
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Residence:Permanent U.S. resident (or U.S. citizen)
- Citizenship:U.S. citizen (or Permanent U.S. resident)
- Major/Career:Be pursuing a major and career in visual arts including, but not limited to, architecture, ceramics, drawing, fashion, graphic design, illustration, interior design, painting, photography, sketching, video production and other decorative arts.
- Ethnicity:Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Personal statement (500-1,000 words) addressing four topics in one cohesive essay. (Students should use the same personal statement when applying for multiple scholarships).
- Recommendation Letters:2 electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Five original pieces of artwork from the art genre for which are you applying, with each file name showing the pieces title, dimensions, and media (e.g. Water 3ft x 2ft oil on canvas).
- Other Materials:- A completed online application- Electronic PDF copy of detailed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR); this report comes from the US Department of Education and is typically 5 pages in length.- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other of professional quality and dress).- Proof of college acceptance (e.g. college acceptance letter). This is only for high school seniors or those returning to school.
- Phone: (202) 263-2800
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Humanities Majors
- Scholarships for Art History Majors
- Scholarships for Architecture Majors
- Scholarships for Fine Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Performing Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Visual Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Photography Majors
- Scholarships for Graphic Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Film Majors
- Scholarships for Art & Design Majors
- Scholarships for Art Majors