Doug Parker Memorial Scholarship
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
The family of Doug Parker established this scholarship in 2009 to honor Doug's spirit of entrepreneurship, energy and determination during his life. This scholarship was intended to financially assist young adults who have been affected by cancer, and are seeking higher education.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicant must be 17-39 years old.
- Financial Need:Required
- Residence:Applicant must be a resident of Howard County.
- Citizenship:Applicants must either be U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents
- Disability:Cancer Patient/Survivor
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Please choose between one of the following essay prompts. Your essay should be a minimum of 500words. You may also choose to submit a 3-minutevideo addressing one of the following prompts.1. Write a letter that you would have liked to receive during your cancer experience. (e.g., from another survivor, a parent, etc.)2. Each summer, our 4K for Cancer program has 200 young adults who dedicate their summer cycling or running across the country to support and raise awareness of the Ulman Cancer Fund mission. If you were to meet the group, what would you tell them about being a young adult impacted by cancer that would inspire them on their summer-long journey?
- Recommendation Letters:Recommendation Letter. Your recommendation should come from someone who has known you for some time and is familiar with your cancer experience, educational goals, and career aspirations. We recommend asking teachers, guidance counselors, supervisors, or civic, religious, or community leaders for your letter of reference.
- Other Materials:A completed online application;Physician's Verification Form.
- Phone: (410) 964-0202
- Email: [email protected]