Duluth Central Sports Association Legacy Scholarship Fund
Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
This scholarship was established by the Duluth Central Sports Association in 2009 to promote athleticism among the youth of Duluths central district and to honor all of the past athletes, coaches, athletic directors, and the undeniable Trojan Spirit of Duluth Central high school, Duluth's oldest high school. The scholarship is open to graduating senior athletes of Duluth public high schools planning to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited two-year or four-year colleges and universities.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduating seniors from Duluth Denfeld or Duluth East High Schools
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Residence:Reside in the geographic area traditionally served by Duluth Central High School.
- School:Graduating senior athletes of Duluth public high schools
- College:The award is to be used for full-time, post-secondary education at accredited two-year or four-year colleges and universities.
- Athletics:Applicants must also participate in at least six seasons of sports during their high school careers, with at least two seasons in varsity sports.
- Miscellaneous:Applicants must have unblemished academic, behavioral and substance abuse record.
- Judging Criteria:The award selection is based on applicant's team contributions off the court, field or rink, academic record, written recommendations and the content of the applicant's essay.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:A 300-400 word essay on the theme "what sports participation has meant to me."
- Recommendation Letters:Written recommendations
- Other Materials:A completed online application
- Name: David Hammer
- Phone: (218) 726-0232
- Email: [email protected]