Foot Locker Scholar Athletes
Foot Locker Foundation, Inc.
This scholarship was established to benefit current high school seniors who are planning to attend a four-year, accredited US college or university in the Fall of 2017. Eligible applicants are students who are currently a member in good standing. Applicants must have demonstrated good sportsmanship and strong moral character, passion and commitment to empowering the community in which they live, confidence and enthusiastic and academic excellence.
- 20 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Be a current high school senior.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Character Traits:In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program, the applicant must: Embody good sportsmanship and strong moral character. Be passionate and committed to empowering the community in which they live. Be a confident and enthusiastic leader. Display academic excellence. Come from a diverse background. Proactive and highly motivated, Inspiring and charismatic, Honest and trustworthy, Genuine, Strong and Courageous.
- Residence:Be a US Permanent Legal Resident (or U.S. Citizen)
- Citizenship:Be a U.S. citizen (or US Permanent Legal Resident)
- College:Be a current high school senior entering a four-year, accredited US college or university in the Fall of 2017.
- Extracurricular:Be currently a member (in good standing) of a high school sports team or be involved in after-school sports (e.g. intramurals, martial arts, etc.)
- Miscellaneous:Foot Locker employees and their immediate family members are ineligible.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection will be based on the application, applicant's character trait and applicant's interview via skype.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Two Essays:Sports teach important lessons in leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship. How have you embodied these qualities on your team and in your community? (Your community could include: your volunteer experiences, any leadership roles at your school or youth groups, and/or any other projects or efforts you think we should really know about!). Suggested length of 300-500 words. Describe a defining moment in your life that has helped to shape your dreams and plans for the future. (Be sure to describe your academic/career goals and any challenges youve faced or are currently facing and how they have shaped your aspiration). Suggested length of 300-500 words.
- Recommendation Letters:One non-family letter of recommendation. This person should be a teacher, coach, administrator, or mentor who is able to attest to how you have demonstrated great character and leadership in sports, school, and your broader community. You will have the opportunity to submit one additional recommendation, but it is entirely optional.
- Other Materials:A completed online application
- Email: [email protected]