Kaufman CALPHAD Scholarship
Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
This scholarship was established in memory of Dr. Larry Kaufman and honor his contributions to computational thermodynamics and its applications. Beneficiaries are undergraduate students majoring in metallurgical engineering, materials science and engineering, or minerals processing/extraction programs.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:One $1,000 scholarship is made to an undergraduate student
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- College:Applicants must be enrolled full-time at a qualified college or university.
- Major/Career:Undergraduate student majoring in metallurgical engineering, materials science and engineering, or minerals processing/extraction programs.
- Organization:The applicant must be a student member of Material Advantage.
- Miscellaneous:Relatives of members of the funding committee/division are not eligible.
- Other Benefits:In addition, a travel stipend of $500 is available for the recipient to attend the TMS Annual Meeting, to formally receive the scholarship.
- Judging Criteria:Award selection is based on:Relevance of Coursework/Experience to division's focusScholarship ApplicationAcademic AchievementActivities in and out of School, Including Work ExperienceLeadershipPersonal Profile StatementLetters of Recommendation
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:An individual statement describing unique educational experiences (e.g., special projects), career plans, leadership experience, involvement in a Material Advantage chapter, and community involvement. This statement should be no more than 200 words.
- Recommendation Letters:Three (3) TMS Scholarship Recommendation Forms from educators and/or employees who are familiar with your background.
- Other Materials:A completed application form
- Phone: (724) 776-9000
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors