Steven G. King Play Environments Scholarship
Landscape Architecture Foundation
The scholarship is established to recognize a student who has high potential in the design of play environments. Candidates must be landscape architecture students with a demonstrated interest and aptitude in the design of play environments who are enrolled in graduate or the final two years of undergraduate study in LAAB-accredited schools. Key qualities in the student receiving the scholarship are creativity, openness to innovation, and a demonstrated interest in park and playground planning.
- 1 award
- February 2022
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Open to landscape architecture students who are enrolled in graduate or the final two years of undergraduate study in LAAB-accredited schools
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- College:Eligible candidates are landscape architecture students at an LAAB-accredited school
- Major/Career:Eligible candidates are landscape architecture students
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:In 300-500 words, describe your views on the significant social and educational value of play and the value of integrating playgrounds into play and recreation environments. The essay should be no more than two pages with margins of at least 1, 10-point or larger font, and no images or graphics. Please include Applicant Name/Essay/Scholarship Name and page number on each page; Provide a short bio in PDF, Microsoft Word, or TXT format. In 150 words or less, describe your background, current educational pursuits, future plans, and any other personal interests or activities.
- Recommendation Letters:2 letters of recommendation. Letters should be from current professors familiar with the applicants demonstrated interest in park and playground planning, creativity, and openness to innovation.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Upload one PDF document that includes a plan and details of a play environment of your design. It should include explanatory text describing the project. If it was a group project, state this and describe your role. Please include Applicant Name/Work Samples/Scholarship Name and page number on each page.
- Other Materials:Provide a 300 ppi (pixels per inch) color photo, size 4 x 6 inches in .jpg format. It should be a head shot with a plain background in which you are looking directly at the camera.
- Phone: (202) 331-7070
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Humanities Majors
- Scholarships for Art History Majors
- Scholarships for Architecture Majors
- Scholarships for Fine Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Performing Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Visual Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Photography Majors
- Scholarships for Graphic Arts Majors
- Scholarships for Film Majors
- Scholarships for Art & Design Majors
- Scholarships for Art Majors