SWE Region E Scholarship
Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
This scholarship was established in 2014 to support sophomore through graduate female students attending school within the Region E boundaries such a Delaware, District of Columbia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Virginia. Applicants must be pursuing study that will lead to a career in engineering, engineering technology and computer science in the United States. Society of Women Engineers membership is required.
- 1 award
- February 2022
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant will be a full time student, except for reentry and non-traditional applicants
- College:Must be attending school within the Region E boundaries: Delaware, District of Columbia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Virginia.
- Major/Career:SWE Scholarships support women pursuing ABET-accredited bachelor or graduate student programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science in the United States.
- Organization:SWE membership required.
- Miscellaneous:The applicant is not the current recipient of a renewable SWE Scholarship (i.e. is not already designated to receive a SWE scholarship payment in the coming academic year.)
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Recommendation Letters:Submit e-mail contact information for two references. Your recommenders should be:- A teacher or college professor in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) field familiar with your work in his or her respective field and/or STEM.- The other must be from a person who has known you for two or more years and who is not a relative or member of your family. For example, the second letter canbe from a coach or a family friend.
- Other Materials:A completed online application;A letter of acceptance from an ABET-accredited college or university indicating acceptance into an ABET-accredited engineering or computer science program forthe coming academic year ONLY if you will be a transfer student, or a first year graduate student in the fall of 2016.
- Phone: +1 (877) 793-4636
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors