A.L. Brown Scholarship Fund
New England Chapter of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers
This scholarship was established to benefit students pursuing careers in engineering, related to Fire Protection. This is open to students who have graduated from a secondary school or current college students. Applicants must be full-time students at an institution that has ABET - accredited curricula.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Have graduated from a secondary school or currently attend a college or university.
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Be registered as a full-time student
- Character Traits:Demonstrate a sincere interest in pursuing a career in fire protection.
- Residence:Permanently reside in Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or Vermont.
- School:Have graduated from a secondary school located in Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or Vermont.
- College:Currently attend a college or university located in New England. Be registered as a full-time student at an institution that has ABET - accredited curricula.
- Major/Career:Be matriculating towards a Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in an engineering discipline.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Please provide a letter of introduction which will address the following additional questions and any other information you think we will need to make our decision.? When did you first become interested in pursuing a career in, or related to, fire protection engineering (indicate the circumstances behind this decision)?? List and briefly explain, in the order of your perceived importance, any past experience and/or accomplishments that you feel will make you a more competentfire protection engineer. Your response is not limited strictly to fire protection-related interests or activities.? What are your short and long term career goals?? Please enclose a statement with supporting documentation demonstrating your financial need. This should include a statement from your financial aid office or from you regarding your unfunded financial need, other scholarship awards, or other evidence of financial need.? Indicate how the receipt of this award will benefit your pursuit of becoming a fire protection engineer.
- Recommendation Letters:Letter of Recommendation from your School Advisor, Guidance Counselor, or Program Chairperson.
- Other Materials:A completed application form;Proof of your permanent residence.
- Name: Amanda Kimball
- Phone: (617) 984-7295
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors