Christopher A. Burrows Memorial Scholarship
Community Foundation of the Verdugos
This scholarship was established in memory of Christopher A. Burrows, a 1976 graduate of Crescenta Valley High School and La Caada resident. Christopher was an attorney, active community volunteer, a loving husband and father of four, and devoted friend who encouraged young and old alike. He passed away on January 9, 1999 from a malignant brain tumor. This scholarship benefits college-bound graduating high school seniors from a high school in La Caada-Flintridge or La Crescenta. Applicants must demonstrate academic and extracurricular achievement, a strength of character and zest for life. Financial need will be considered.
- 4 awards
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:College-bound senior
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Character Traits:Student must demonstrate a high level of academic and extracurricular achievement, a strength of character and zest for life.
- Residence:Resides in La Caada-Flintridge, La Crescenta, Montrose or Verdugo City
- School:Graduating in June 2016 from a high school in La Caada-Flintridge or La Crescenta.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Burrows Scholarship Statement and Personal Essay
- Recommendation Letters:Academic & Employer/Supervisor/Coach/Mentor Recommendation
- Other Materials:A completed application form;ACT, SAT I and SAT II scores;Official Enrollment Verification Form with Stamp/Seal (Once enrolled full-time for Fall Semester at a College/University or Career Technical School).
- Phone: (818) 241-8040
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Ventura County (CA) Residents
- Scholarships for Sonoma County (CA) Residents
- Scholarships for San Francisco County (CA) Residents
- Scholarships for Marin County (CA) Residents
- Scholarships for Alameda County (CA) Residents
- Scholarships for Santa Cruz, CA Residents
- Scholarships for Los Angeles County, CA Residents
- Scholarships for San Bernardino County, CA Residents
- Scholarships for California Residents