Fellowships at Historic Deerfield
Organization of American Historians
A nine-week Summer Fellowship Program in History and Material Culture open to junior or senior undergraduates.
- 7 awards
- February 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:college juniors and seniors
- Financial Need:Not required
- Major/Career:Undergraduate students in American Studies, Architecture, Archeology, Art and Art History, Design, History, Material Culture, Preservation and Museum Studies.
- Other Benefits:Live in the historic villageExplore history and material culture studies in hands-on classroom seminars, walking tours and room studies with Historic Deerfield staff and visiting lecturersLearn to guide and interpret in Historic Deerfield's furnished museum housesConduct original research on New England history and material culture using museum and library collectionsGo on behind-the-scenes visits to historic sites in New England and take a week-long road trip to museums in the mid-Atlantic and VirginiaPay no tuition or program fees
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:A brief essay (2-3 pages) discussing why you want to participate in the program and how your academic experiences (particularly any relevant research projects), and employment (including internships, volunteer and/or paid work) have prepared your for this program, uploaded with the application form
- Recommendation Letters:At least two letters of recommendation from college faculty members who are familiar with your academic qualifications and career interests.
- Other Materials:A non-refundable application fee of $15.00, payable online. If you wish to pay by check, payment should be mailed to the contact address listed at the end of this form. Please make check payable to: Historic Deerfield, Inc.If you are applying for an award, please submit a statement explaining why you need assistance to attend the program. This statement should:Itemize your expenses, including tuition, books, room and boardItemize your sources of income, including your contribution, your family's contribution, and other sources of financial aidIn addition, if you currently receive need-based aid from your college, please ask your college financial aid office to fill out the Award Authorization form.Or, if you do not currently receive need-based aid from your college and still wish to apply for an award, you must submit the first two pages of your parents' federal income tax return. Such information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
- Name: Barbara A. Mathews
- Phone: (413) 775-7207
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors