Harry & Kathern Lovejoy Scholarship
Community Foundation of North Central Washington
The Harry & Kathern Lovejoy Scholarship was started to benefit transfer, non-traditional and graduate students that have completed the minimum credit hours to be considered a third-year student at Washington State University. Applicants must be attending WSU as a full-time student pursuing studies in the field related to agriculture issues.
- 1 award
- June 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Open to transfer, non-traditional and graduate students that have completed the minimum credit hours to be considered a third-year student at Washington State University
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Transfer, non-traditional and graduate students that have completed the minimum credit hours to be considered a third-year student at Washington State University
- Residence:Preference will be given to applicants from Central Washington defined by Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Ferry and Grant counties.
- College:Open to transfer, non-traditional and graduate students that have completed the minimum credit hours to be considered a third-year student at Washington State University; will attend WSU as a full-time student
- Major/Career:Student majoring in studies that directly relate to agriculture issues (may include majors outside the College of Agriculture, Human and National Resource Sciences aslong as your future work will directly impact the broad community of agriculture)
- Miscellaneous:Demonstrates potential to impact agricultural advancements as evidenced by professor recommendations
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:2 essays on the online application form:Personal Statement: Explain what you think is important for the selection committees to know so they gain insight into who you are as the person behind the GPA and test scores. What sets you apart from other applicants? (3,000 character limit, approximately 500 words)Future Education and Career Plans: Provide a brief statement of your educational and career objectives and long-term goals. Tell us about what youve done so farto personally contribute toward achieving those objectives. (3,000 character limit, approximately 500 words)
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation are required.- One letter must be from a current school-related reference (teacher, coach, principal, administrator, counselor, mentor, etc.)- The second letter could be from a non-school related reference (employer, pastor, community member, a family friend, etc.) or from another school-related reference.A Letter of Recommendation from a family member cannot be accepted.
- Other Materials:Online Application FormExpected Family Contribution (EFC) from FAFSA or FAFSA4caster (not required for HB1079 students see detailed information on the application)FAFSA: You will need your parents and/or your most recently filed tax records. Access the FAFSA form at www.studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa. FAFSA forms may be accessed and completed earlier, but cant be submitted until after January 1. Complete the FAFSA as early in January as possible to allow for processing and not risk missing the scholarship deadline. After you file, you should receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) within three days to three weeks. Note: The FAFSA Summary Report you receive immediately upon submitting your FAFSA is NOT your SAR.FAFSA4caster: You can get an estimate of your EFC by using the FAFSA4caster at www.studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa/estimate. Remember, though, that its just an estimate and that you will still need to file the FAFSA if you want to apply for Federal Student Aid.IMPORTANT: Create a PDF document only of the page from the SAR that shows the EFC. File size restrictions apply, so please do not upload the entire SAR.
- Phone: (509) 663-7716
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Agricultural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Biology Majors
- Scholarships for Life Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors
- Scholarships for Mathematics Majors
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Statistics Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Majors