Northrop Grumman Foundation Scholarship
Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
The scholarship is provided by the Society of Women Engineers (SWE). It is available to women studying ABET-accredited baccalaureate programs in electrical, computer, software or system engineering. Applicants should be college freshmen, college sophomores or college juniors.
- 4 awards
- February 2021
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants should be college freshmen, college sophomores or college juniors
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Must be planning to attend full time, except for reentry and non-traditional applicants; The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0 for upperclass applicants. The minimum GPA is 3.50/4.00 unweighted (i.e. 4.0 for A/A+, 3.7 A-, etc.) for incoming freshman applicants
- Citizenship:Must be U.S. citizen
- College:Applicant must be planning to study in one of the following universities: Alabama A & M University, Auburn University, California Institute of Technology, California Polytechnic State University-SLO, California State Polytechnic University-Pomona, California State University-Long Beach, California State University-Northridge, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, Florida Institute of Technology, George Mason University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Howard University, Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Morgan State University, North Carolina A & T State University, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Ohio State University, Pennsylvania State University, Prairie View A & M University, Purdue University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rice University, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rutgers University, San Diego State University, Stanford University, The University of Texas at Austin, University of Alabama at Huntsville, University of California-Berkeley, University of California-Davis, University of California-Irvine, University of California-Los Angeles, University of California-San Diego, University of California-Santa Barbara, University of Central Florida, University of Colorado - Boulder, University of Colorado - Colorado Springs, University of Florida, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland-Baltimore County, University of Maryland-College Park, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Pittsburgh, University of Southern California, University of Utah, University of Virginia, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Major/Career:Undergraduates must be planning to study ABET-accredited programs in electrical, computer, software or system engineering.
- Miscellaneous:Must not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books and equivalent; Applicant is not the current recipient of a renewable SWE Scholarship
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Recommendation Letters:Submit e-mail contact information for two references. Your recommenders should be: 1) A teacher or college professor in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) field familiar with your work in his or her respective field and/or STEM. 2) The other must be from a person who has known you for two or more years and who is not a relative or member of your family. For example, the second letter can be from a coach or a family friend.
- Other Materials:A letter of acceptance from an ABET-accredited college or university indicating acceptance into an ABET-accredited engineering or computer science program for the coming academic year ONLY if you will be a transfer student, or a first year graduate student in the fall of 2016.
- Phone: (312) 596-5223
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors