NTA Eric Friedheim Scholarship

Tourism Cares

This scholarship was started in 1986 in memory of Eric Friedheim, who was the owner, editor-in-chief and publisher of Travel Agent Magazine. In 2001, Eric was the inductee to the NTF Hall of Fame and is known as a giant of the industry and a generous contributor to the future of travel and tourism. This purpose of this scholarship is to encourage higher education among future leaders of the industry.

Key Information

Eligibility Requirements

  • Age/Grade Level:
    Enrolled as a full-time or part-time graduate student.
  • Minimum GPA:
  • Financial Need:
    Not Mentioned
  • Residence:
    Permanent resident ( or citizen of the United States)
  • Citizenship:
    Citizen of the United States ( or permanent resident).
  • College:
    Entering any year of graduate study in the upcoming fall at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
  • Major/Career:
    Enrolled as a full-time or part-time graduate student in a travel-and-tourism- or hospitality-related program of study.

Application Details

  • Transcript:
  • Resume/Activity List:
  • Essay:
    General essays should be 2 pages in length and address these prompts: Which segment of the travel and tourism or hospitality industry your current program of study focuses on. What opportunities are you taking advantage of as you prepare for a career in the industry? Please tell us about your academic and extracurricular activities and experiences, i.e. work, internships, etc., and how they tie into your present and future goals. Mention any awards or commendations you have received relating to the travel and tourism or hospitality industry.
  • Recommendation Letters:
    Evaluation form and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or teacher in your field of study;Evaluation form and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you have worked for; the industry must be related to your field of study.
  • Other Materials:
    A completed online application;Passport as proof of citizenship;U. S. Alien Registration Card as proof of permanent residency if eligible.

Contact Information