NTA Quebec Scholarship
This scholarship was started in 1990 by funding from the Quebec Ministry of Tourism to benefit students pursuing degrees in tourism or a related subject in Quebec. Applicant must be a permanent resident of the province of Quebec .
- 1 award
- April 2021
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Full-time undergraduate student or full-time graduate student
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:Entering 3rd year in the upcoming fall semester or term at an accredited four-year college or university, and will have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours by the end of the current semester or term; OR Entering 4th year in the upcoming fall semester or term at an accredited four-year college or university, and will have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours by the end of the current semester or term; OR Entering any year of graduate study in the upcoming fall at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Residence:Permanent resident of the province of Quebec
- Citizenship:Citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- College:Accredited four-year college or university
- Major/Career:Enrolled in a travel-and-tourism- or hospitality related program of study
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Essay: General essays should be 2 pages in length and address these prompts: Which segment of the travel and tourism or hospitality industry your current program of study focuses on. What opportunities are you taking advantage of as you prepare for a career in the industry? Please tell us about your academic and extracurricular activities and experiences, i.e. work, internships, etc., and how they tie into your present and future goals. Mention any awards or commendations you have received relating to the travel and tourism or hospitality industry.NTA Quebec Additional Required Essay: Write an original 2 page essay about one of the following topics: future of international inbound tourism, impact of technology on the distribution channels, impact of social media on consumer communications for a destination, challenges to group travel of changing demographics and lifestyles, impact of mass tourism on visited communities, sustainable tourism, niche marketing, culture and heritage tourism, or learning and enrichment travel.
- Recommendation Letters:Evaluation form and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or teacher in your field of studyEvaluation form and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you have worked for; the industry must be related to your field of study
- Other Materials:General Online ApplicationPassport as proof of citizenshipCurrent drivers license as proof of permanent state/province residency for awards which have residency requirements (see each award description)
- Phone: (781) 821-5990
- Email: [email protected]