ONWA Annual Scholarship
Ohio Newspapers Foundation
This scholarship was established to benefit students currently enrolled as a junior or senior in an Ohio college or university. Students must be majoring in journalism, advertising, marketing, or communications degree program. This scholarship was established by The Ohio Newspaper Womens Association but was transferred to the Ohio Newspapers Foundation in 2004 when ONWA disbanded.
- 1 award
- March 2018
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicant may be male or female and must be enrolled as a junior or senior at an Ohio college or university.
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- College:Ohio college or university
- Major/Career:Majoring in a field relevant to our industry, particularly journalism, advertising, marketing, or communications degree program.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:Applicants answers to the following questions (limit of two typed, double-spaced pages per question):1. Who or what was your inspiration to get involved in the field of journalism, advertising, marketing, or communications and why did you select your chosen field as your area of interest?2. Why do you need a scholarship? What do you think qualifies you for a scholarship?3. What do you hope to accomplish during your career as a newspaper industry professional?
- Recommendation Letters:A recommendation from one college professor (non-journalism) and one college professor in the journalism or communications department.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Three or four newspaper clippings or other relevant work samples demonstrating applicants skills.
- Other Materials:A completed application
- Name: Ann Riggs
- Phone: (614) 486-6677
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships for Consumer Science Majors
- Scholarships for Business Management Majors
- Scholarships for Marketing Majors
- Scholarships for Accounting Majors
- Scholarships for Finance Majors
- Scholarships for Real Estate Majors
- Scholarships for Advertising Majors
- Scholarships for Entrepreneurship Majors
- Scholarships for Operations Majors
- Scholarships for Financial Services Majors
- Scholarships for Communications Majors