Pouhana Hkele Scholarship
Ke Ali'i Pauahi Foundation
Pouhana Hkele Scholarship is a $1000 fund given to a Hawaii resident. The applicant must be a high school senior who wants to pursue a two or four-year program focusing on travel industry management. The schoalrship aims to support the student's desire to work in Hawaii lodging industry.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Minimum GPA:2.80
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must be attending school as a full-time student.
- Character Traits:The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to contribute to the greater community.
- Residence:The applicant must be a Hawaii resident.
- College:The applicant must be enrolled in a two- or four-year, accredited college institution in Hawai`i or the continental U.S.
- Major/Career:The awardee must be pursuing a major in travel industry management program and demonstrate the desire to work in Hawai`i lodging industry upon graduation.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Prepare your personal statementsCompose your statements in a Word document and utilize the spell check and grammar feature.Statements are limited to 3,000 characters (not words).Take the time to review your answers and determine if youve answered the question.Personal Statement Questions:What career do you see yourself in 10-15 years and what life experience(s) has helped you realize this career goal?Choose a meaningful community service project that you recently (within the past year) participated in or helped organize, and explain what kind of impact it has made on you and how it has helped you recognize your career/life goal.Share a challenging event in your life and how you overcame it and grown from the experience.
- Other Materials:The applicant must submit the following:Copy of college Acceptance LettersCurrent high school seniors must submit a copy of a college acceptance letterCollege students transferring to another institution must submit a copy of the new college acceptance letterCollege graduates matriculating to a graduate program or higher must submit a copy of either their application to the graduate program or a confirmation of application to the graduate program. If awarded, confirmation of full acceptance will be required before funds are released.Student Aid Report (SAR) from Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as required
- Phone: (808) 534-3966
- Email: [email protected]