Surety Industry Scholarship Program for Minority Students
Surety and Fidelity Industry Intern and Scholarship Program for Minority Students (SFIISP) is given to minority students who are pursuing a major in insurance/risk management, accounting, economics, or business/finance. The program provides an up to $5,000 fund annually to outstanding students who meets the identified eligibility. The aim of the program is to give minority students financial support and exposure to surety/fidelity industry.
- 1 award
- January 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be an undergraduate student.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must have satisfactorily completed at least 30 semester hours or equivalent of college work, including at least six (6) semester hours (or equivalent) in your major field;and enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (12 semester hours or equivalent) and willing to participate in a minimum of six weeks paid professional internship with a company in the surety/fidelity industry during the summer following notice of the award and prior to the September disbursement of the funds.
- Citizenship:All applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- College:The program is open to students enrolled at accredited four-year educational institutions.
- Major/Career:The applicant must have a declared accounting, economics, business/finance or insurance/risk management major.
- Ethnicity:The applicants must be minority students defined as those of Black/African-American, Native American/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, or Hispanic ethnic origin.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:If you are a first-time applicant, please submit as a separate document an essay response (between 500-1,000 words) to the following question: When did you identify your major area of study, what experiences and influences led to your decision, and what type of career do you envision? If you already have completed an intern assignment within the Surety and Fidelity Industry, please submit an essay response (between 500-1,000 words) to the following: Describe in detail your intern assignment(s) and its relationship to the surety/fidelity underwriting process. What have you learned from this experience that stimulates your interest in the surety/fidelity profession?
- Phone: (202) 463-0600
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Consumer Science Majors
- Scholarships for Business Management Majors
- Scholarships for Marketing Majors
- Scholarships for Accounting Majors
- Scholarships for Finance Majors
- Scholarships for Real Estate Majors
- Scholarships for Advertising Majors
- Scholarships for Entrepreneurship Majors
- Scholarships for Operations Majors
- Scholarships for Financial Services Majors
- Scholarships for Business Majors